Hurricane Supply List
Heading out to grab emergency supplies can be a stressful experience, check out this quick list for what you need to have stocked.
- Water – at least 1 gallon daily per person for 3 to 7 days
- Food – at least enough for 3 to 7 days
- Non-perishable packaged or canned food / juices
- Foods for infants or the elderly
- Snack foods
- Non-electric can opener
- Cooking tools / fuel
- Paper plates / plastic utensils
- Blankets / Pillows, etc.
- Clothing – seasonal / rain gear/ sturdy shoes
- First Aid Kit / Medicines / Prescription Drugs
- Special Items – for babies and the elderly
- Toiletries – hygiene items
- Moisture wipes
- Flashlight / Batteries
- Radio – Battery operated and NOAA weather radio
- Cash – Banks and ATMs may not be open or available for extended periods.
- Toys, Books and Games
- Important documents – in a waterproof container
- insurance, medical records, bank account numbers, Social Security card, etc.
- Document all valuables with videotape if possible
- Tools – keep a set with you during the storm
- Vehicle fuel tanks filled
- Pet care items
- Proper identification / immunization records
- Ample supply of food and water
- A carrier or cage
- Muzzle and leash
For questions regarding your current policy email – Customer.Serivce@thefis.com